Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Recognniiiiize bitches.


Really pumped for The Runaways movie this weekend. Its a good little rock history lesson for y'all. Its more of a biopic of Cherie Currie tho, because other then Joan Jett, all other Runaways didnt want anything to do with the pic and had there lawyers make sure of it. So dont expect to see anything of Lita Ford, kinda a bummer.
Anyway, just wanted to take some time to recognize who I think is the most underated guitarist in rock today, Allison from The Donnas. If anyone really knows me, you know The Donnas have been my fav band for the last 12 years or so. A modern day Runaways they are, they were on tour doing covers of Motely and Judas Priest when they were 16, also writing all their own songs like Skintight and 40 Boys in 40 nights. The ARE rock and roll, and since I have been following them they have always kept it real. They are my modern day rock hereos. Thanks to Joan and Cherie paving the way. Here are my fav Donnas songs and "Dont wait up for me" is there new single.



No comments:

Post a Comment