Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mid December Musings


New Years - Always a lame night
 Christmas is 8 days away. WTF, Christmas is sooo sneaky. Here in Fernie it just isnt in our face so commercially the way it is piled into people in the city. But its certainly getting busy in town and people are out shopping. I just gotta say, December is only once a year, Im busy as hell and I miss bloggin a lot. We all just need to stay mindful this month and drink a ton of booze and we shall get by.

Christmas is on my mind but there is talk of New Years already. Here's the rundown:
Bryx at Bulldogs
Cona at the Pub
Brody at the Central
Some rumors swirling about The Royal
And DJ Friendly Fire at Picnic.

New Years has got to be the most annoying party time EVER. I mean there is the hype, theres the later-night at the bar which you gotta buy drinks for longer. And in Fernie its extra annoying cuz no one buys tickets to anything until the last minute, no one can get their shit together or commit to anything cuz they have to make sure a large enough group of cool party people are gonna be there. Then even IF you all can get tickets and get to a party, no one shows up to 11:30 and as soon at the toast is over everyone scatters looking for an epic house party, which can be a gamble.  I dunno, perhaps Im getting cynical, Ive been out drinking on New Years buying into all the hype since I was 14. Every year I say Im gonna sit this one out and I never do, because im a sucker, Im a scenester, and I love a good reason to dance party. and every year its really just another night out, I have a better time out for Bingo night at Bulldogs,...see my pic below...So New Years is really just a bust,  make sure you have looowwww expectations or else you gonna be dissapointed.

This year if I end up at Bulldogs I will not be shocked, but mildly annoyed that I made no other plan, I also just wanna sit this one out, but we both know thats not gonna happen. Take your pic or make plans, buy your tickets and have a good time. 2010 was the year of the Tiger, and Ill be damn it totally was a rather roaring year, as for myself, its truly been a wild ride. 2011 is the year of the Rabbit.
According to Chinese tradition, the Rabbit brings a year in which you can catch your breath and calm your nerves. It is a time for negotiation. Don't try to force issues, because if you do you will ultimately fail. To gain the greatest benefits from this time, focus on home, family, security, diplomacy, and your relationships with women and children. Make it a goal to create a safe, peaceful lifestyle, so you will be able to calmly deal with any problem that may arise.

For the record Im not really into the Chinese Zodiac, but I find is facinating and oddly correct most of the time.






Tuesday Night Bingo at Bulldogs is FULL ON BACK
 As December slips by and my ass grows from all my mothers Christmas baking, Im reminisent of 2010. Im thinking of all the best news stories, but then I think, fuck news stories, Im sick of negative news, Im focusing on the things that made me smile the most. Ohhh remember the Olympics? Remember Shambhala?
Remember when The Chef came to Bulldogs? Remember ______ and _______!?!?!
I shall have my best of 2010 up soooonish.
Love ya Fernie. Later!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I feel the same about new years. Always such hype and stress over another night out which is why I often end up going to the Hosmer community hall. That's right, Hosmer. $20, cheap drinks, no flash, no who's who or high expectations, you can wear jeans or dress up, buffet at midnight and a taxi ride back to fernie. Awesome and you raise money for the fire department. So if you really want to bail on fernie this year give me a shout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, you are so wise, you are like a tall slim hot smiley buddha

    ReplyDelete