Monday, March 30, 2009

Burn Out

Starbucks Corp. will shut down its Aberdeen Centre location in Richmond, B.C., on Wednesday, the company's first-ever closing in Canada.

The coffee retailer said the decision to close was caused by current economic conditions and because the location itself was under-performing.

Starbucks has announced it plans on closing 100 coffee shops outside of the U.S., but it has so far not revealed how many more outlets in B.C. will be shuttered.

Starbucks still has 365 locations in the province.

Is it the economy or the product???? Starbucks is way over roasted, Ive never liked it. I once worked with a lady at a news station in Calgary that relied on her morning Starbucks as a form of a laxitive, she said it HAD to be Starbucks! She'd drink it, then about 30 minutes later she'd briskly walk past my desk towards the restroom. Haha.

The economy issues haven't affected my coffee habit/addiction. I have bought a take out coffee everyday for the past 2 weeks. Honest! Tim Hortons, Mugshots and The Fernie Tea and Coffee House all know me well! And today I tried the Cincott oraganic coffee for the first time, it was great but the take away lids dont stay on well. I know I know, but my to-go cup had frozen coffee in it.

Sidenote: Tim Hortons has over 3000 locations across Canada with no plans to close any.

Did you know, if you drive from Fernie to Tofino, you will hit 27 Tim Horton's locations.


No comments:

Post a Comment