Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Love


You know, sometimes I think everyone knows about something because its so awesome, but then I find someone who tells me they havent. What Im trying to say is that one of my most favorite indulgences in life is coffee and more specifically...OSO NEGRO COFFEE FROM NELSON BC. Why? BECAUSE IT IS AMAZING...when brewed properly, or right from the actual cafe in Nelson.

Oso Negro used to be in a tiny converted house coffeeshop up the hill from Nelson's main street, a couple years back they took over this mazing ladies house and converted the whole property into the best coffee shop in the world. Seriously, the best. If you havent been there, you need to add it to your bucket list. Im totally serious.

You can buy it at The Cottonwood Tree here in Fernie or order it online from Oso's site, they get fresh bags delivered weekly.

If I may recommend...
For a cone drip coffee machine:
Buy a bag of the Mudshark(my fav) or Prince of Darkness, grind it in a grinder for a couple minutes, shaking the grinder, really really getting those grinds into dust. Then for every mug of water put a heaping tablespoon of grinds in the filter. Fill with purified water. Hit the start/on button.
For a Bodum - Which is the best and most proper way to brew:
Grind the beans so they are coarse, not dust. Heapin tablespoon for each mug. Purified water, and steep for a good 6 - 8 minutes. Absorb that goodness!
If you have a flat bottom filter coffee maker, then you are not a serious coffee make to me and you are on your own.

Oso Negro

No comments:

Post a Comment