Friday, January 7, 2011

DUTY

I thought I could pull a fast one. I bought a bottle of wine at Costco in Kalispel, and thought the boarder guards let me go without paying the duty. NOPE. So this bottle of Napa Valley Sledgehammer Zinfandel better be FAN-fucking-TASTIC. As I type this Im thinking, havent I written a blog about paying duty already??? ahhaha probabley.

Sledgehammer, Napa Valley, Zinfandel 2007. $14.99USD + CDN duty = $10000000.

This wine was a fucking monster! Smooth tannins, but a real punch in the face. The 14.5% alcohol also kicked my ass after one glass. the bouquet was, vanilla-cigar-dipped-in-blackberry-jam then the cigar was rolled around in lava rocks.  I loved it. Buuuuut moral of this love story is, paying duty is not worth it. Dont get all caught up in the moment with the sick selection and shiny lights in the USof A. Unless you are down there 48 hours and bring back the allowed ammount. Just Dont. Napa is like, my favorite place for Cab and Zin, but I coulda got a Chilean merlot for $12.99 and had the same experience, sans the epic buzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment