Monday, January 31, 2011

Scotch

This fall I embarked on a long long time dream. I took the first step to one day becoming a sommelier and took my level 1 wine fundamentals class. After 6 weeks of driving to Calgary for class, drinking and drinking, spending lots of money, it was all worth it for the 97% on my transcript. CHEERS!

Keeping with my theme of education AND drinking, I spent last Friday night in Calgary attending my Level One Scotch class. I only really got into scotch/whisky a year or two ago. Turns out, Im completely fascinated! When I walked in and realized I would be toasting and sipping with many older gentlemen all night I somehow felt completely at home and LOVING IT.

I did pick the weekend that the monster snowfall alert came into effect. So, rather being safe then sorry, I stayed an extra night in Calgary missing my beloved BCDC concert. Wasnt bad tho,  I found myself drooling and blowing my wallet in the Kensignton Wine Market along side my long time partner in crime Jennifer Cliffay. Later that night with the snow falling, Sex and the City and temp dropping we opened one bottle with Jenn's AMAZING slowcooker dinner. The Borgata Pinot Grigio, from the Veneto area in Itlay was really perfect, cuz it reminded me of patio sipping, which will one day come again! I needed a glimmer of hope that summer will be back again.

I shall report in on my gold wine finds there later.  But first, I just have to share, even if you have no desire to learn how to taste whisky, you gotta see this vid!  This dude is FOR REAL! Love Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment