Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cracked the Spine!


I finally cracked open the Island Lake Cookbook to give a recipe a try. I had just finished making the Chili Con Carne from the Whitewater Cookbook, so my expectations were high. I leafed through the desserts and finally settled on the Toffee Almond Bars on page 161 I believe. Seemed easy enough, I can handle some bars. Hell I remember making Nanaimo bars with my sister when I was 12! So this should be easy.
And...it was! Super easy and a nice little Sunday project. They turned out to be FABULOUS and they went GREAT with a little Sortilege (see post on Sortilege).
The only thing I would say is that the intructions said to "line pan with parchment paper" but I wasnt sure what that meant, like line the bottom and the sides? I ended up laying a massive piece of parchment paper down in the pan, so it spilled over all sides and then put the crust and filling in. Which turned out to be the best move cuz the filling is super sticky. So maybe I just actrually did it right! hahaa

They are sooo good and perfect for Christmas treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment