Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Worth The Money



Man, the Sirius Radio channel "90s on 9" is amazing! Im totally getting old I know. One thing that I was thinking when I was listening to all 90s tunes was how buying a CD was soooo 90s. I remember the first CD I ever owned, it was Green Day Dookie. I stil have it. The second was The Offspring and I beleive the third was The Fugees. The thing about buying CDs is that sometimes you had to take a risk and by a CD based solely on the one good song you know it had. And if that CD turned out to have additional great songs, then it was totally worth the money. I remember buying "Cake" for the "I will survive" cover. The rest of the CD was shit, I was sooo pissed, that was $17!!! Makes me really appriciate Itunes!
So then I got thinking of what ALBUMS I really enjoyed in the 90s. A full CD of songs I liked, so I didnt have to make more mixed tapes right? Here are my favorite albums of the 90s just off the top of my head, in no particular order:

-Green Day Dookie
-Nirvana In Utero
-Alanis Morrisette Jagged Little Pill
-Beck Odelay
-Radiohead Ok Computer
-Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation
-Much Dance 1995-97
-Aerosmith Get a Grip
-Beastie Boys Ill Communication
-Better Then Ezra Deluxe
-the Pretty Woman Soundtrack!!!


Im sure there are more, but these were totally worth the money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment