Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mezzulnanadlfkhasfkjd Open!


Date Night!

The new restaurant in the Cental Mezzulana(sp?) is fully open. I headed there Monday night for their cheap pasta night. For $10 you get your choice of 3 pasta dishes and a glass of wine. Pretty good deal.
When I walked in I was immediatly happy to have the Central back and happy to see all of the ex-Red Tree staff, cuz they are cool to me.
The place's atmosphere was clean, sexy and cozy. Wasnt decorated to be "Italian" like the menu's theme, but thats okay, the place is really nice. Around the restaurant I saw many noted Fernie couples dining and batting eyelashes over candlelight. awwwww. The music was cool and chill electronic until it took a bad turn for Bob Marley, which really didnt impress my date. Hahahah
Tammy was our server and she was great, no problems there. But she did tell us that on Mondays you can ONLY order the cheap pasta, you can't order off the menu. But since is was slow, she said we could, but normally we wouldnt be able to. Thats kinda weird? Pasta in a kitchen is easy and premade right? I did peak at the menu out of curiousity, it was your standard Italian menu made for the masses, but thats exactly what Fernie needed downtown to me. Had affordable appys, which is good!
My date and I ordered 2 appys and the cheap pasta special. Our red wine came, and it was nasty wine, it reminded me of when I stole a bottle of my mom's wine she made at the u-brew in 1989.. 'cept I stole and tried to drink it in '98. ewwwwwwww.
But you cant really complain when your fresh bread, dinner and drink is $10 and you have a great server and romanitc setting in front of a fire!
We got the spagetti with meat sauce, it was totally good, neeed a healthy dose of salt, but thats just me.
We followed it with the Tiramasu dessert. Even tho it looked like a hospital cafeteria cake, it was good too!
Overall Id give it 3 outta 5 stars. Well done, Ill be back!

Tip: Order a better wine, pay the difference. If its -24 out, sit at the fireside table. Admire the cool photos on the long wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment