Monday, June 14, 2010

Alcohol Reveals Bulshit Empowerment


Sometime ago, I was invited to a friends 30th Birthday party. I went and expected to get caught up in the crazyness that was planned to happen on the pub crawl. Everything was going great, I being the youngest of the crew was happy and empowered to be surrounded with 10 thirty-something babes. All of them were successful in their careers, had great physique, and seemed to me, overall happy with life. I looked up to them all, "wow", I thought, "being in your 30s doesnt seem that bad at all, these chicks are rocking it! They got their shit together, they know who they are, they know how to have fun! Age means nothing, I cant wait to be wise like these broads." But then something kinda turned for the worse for me.
The drunker these chicks got, the more the empowered fun turned to getting validation from men to prove that they "still got it". This meant going on the hunt for men to buy all their drinks that night so they could 1. Feel cool and hot and young again, and 2. to save money.
Im like, "wtf! Seriously? We have to flirt and whore out for a $5 drink so you can feel young and hot???" Uhhhh can I just buy my own drink then?
Sure enough the gaggle of 30-somethings found a half-cut well dressed man, with just a little flirtation he proceeded to buy us all a round of jager shots AND a round of whatever we were drinking. THEN, the gaggle took the drinks and literally ran away laughing. Leaving me standing there. The poor guy realizes what just happened and prety much swears at me and is like, really pissed. So, FML, I feel bad and EMBARRSSSED, am I wrong here?????, and I calm the man down. Im like "buddy its okay, Im Schoolyard, hows your night going?" I end up having to talk to this - what I now find out is a detective with the local city police - for like 30 minutes to humor this guy that the girls or I am interested. And I never WAS but that was soooo lame I had redeem my friends bad behaviour in my head or something!!! I feel bad for these guys, he did everything right and that gaggle of women just treated him like a game. Awwwww jeez dont make me feel bad for guys in a bar!!!
What I realized after that night is that, doesnt matter if women are in the thirties, all that insecure shit just follows the ones that cant kick out of it in their 20s. Brutal. After all the leaps and bounds feminism has taken, after all the Oprah episodes and Carrie Bradshaw moments we STILL need a man's attention to make us feel good about ourselves? Really? Reeeeeeeeeallllly? Cmon. Get it together!

Ladies, I think the rule is, if a guy buys you a drink, yes I think means you have to talk to him and if you dont want to, dont accept the drink. Fucking have some class. Buy your own damn drinks. You cant be a old-fashioned one day and then Post-modern the next, its too confusing for the dating scene.
And ladies one more other thing I just gotta say, if a guy does approach you in a bar in a respectful manner, go easy on him, walking up to a beautiful lady is really intimidating okay and you never know about a dude unless you chill out and give him a chance, even if its just a small chance. They just wanna find love and sex too, juuuuust like us.
Ahhhhh okay that being said - If a dude is actin' like a foo', you owe him nothing.

goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment