Saturday, June 5, 2010

Support


Today is the Relay for Life! 11am - 11pm

This event is very near and dear to me, I hope if you can make it down and show some support in anyway that you can. www.cancer.ca

In a nutshell, this cancer fundraiser is for the Canadian Cancer Society. The money goes towards, Research AND Prevention AND Support AND Information, not just research.
We raise the money so that basically one day, perhaps even in my lifetime cancer will not be a death sentance, it will be something that people will know they can prevent or overcome if it should strike them. I hope in my lifetime cancer will come to be a word like diabetes. Sure when you get diagnosed with diabetes it sure sucks are you are sure bummed out but you automatically know you wont die, its just something you'll have to deal with, but lives wont be lost.

This song is for all the cancer survivors out there... Its just in my head today and it seems fitting. You ROCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment