Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Say no to cable. Its hard I know.

After all my roommates moved out, I decided to cancel my cable. Although I am addicted to The Bachelorette and Kevin Newman on Global News, I made the rash decision feeling all good and intectual. I thought "oh man, all the time to read books and do yoga!". LOL - ya right, I found myself laying on the couch, eating my 6th Girl Guide cookie and watching The Red Green show on a fuzzy reception of CBC. Is this what I've become without cable? Is this what no cable does to everyone? I dont even know the top 20 on "So you think you can dance?". I was so left out on the conversation over drinks the other night.


But, you'll be happy to hear that I have turned my new pathetic ways around in less then a week.
Having no cable made me:
-run 10kms on Sunday
-Change all the furniture in my house around
-Call my mom
-Text my friends back
-Call old friends instead of email!
-Arrange an elaborate surprise birthday- in which I needed a gyspy costume and script!

Those are just some highlights. I do feel better, it was hard at first though!
See, no cable IS good for you, its not just what elitist people say to try and make you feel stupid around them!

No comments:

Post a Comment