Monday, June 22, 2009

Subway old cutting style still beloved


Ahh, peasent vision was good to me last night. CBC was airing "Happy Gilmore". Oh man there was a time when I thought that movie was pure genius! And I still do.
Something that got me thinking was the "Subway" scene. I noticed that the subway sandwhich was cut down the middle and the "strip" of bread was pulled out. Ahhhh I used to love the old way of cutting the bread. I remember when Subway changed all the franchises to start cutting the loaf down the side.
It was the summer of 2000, it was a hazy night in Calgary and I wondered in to a Subway off Bow Bottom trail, I was tired from selling furniture and candles all day to yuppies at Pier 1. When I noticed the "sandwhich artist" cutting the bread down the side I chripped "what the hell are you doing to my sub!!"
I was so mad. Why did they do that???

No comments:

Post a Comment