Monday, August 16, 2010

The Flannel Feenom


After all these years of shaking my head and trying to look past the icky impression it leaves on me... I still cant get over how some girls and grown women leave the house for a day on the town in their flannel pajama pants. Im not talking about sweats okay, just this recent phenom of public outings in flannel pjs.

Everytime I see a fat ass sluging down the street or taking up space on a mall bench in flannel pants avec skating penguins or ballerina teddy bears I cant help but think bad thoughts. Im totally going there, Im just saying it. These people get a big floppy homemade concert sign "FAIL!"

Your appearance does speak for something. Its just does. Im not expecting everyone to be a fashionista or spend copious ammounts of cash on clothes, this is absolutely not what im saying. Im saying that your apperance is representitive of who and what you are. Just like how people in certain cliques like to dress to distiguish themselves in society of who they are and what they are about, like skaters, or guidos or rich babes or sporty dudes. We all dress to express.
These woman are basically saying "Im too lazy". This flannel feenom is like wearing a sign on your chest that says, "Im lazy and all the welfare sterotypes you are thinking right now are most likey true about me", or "Im a hoarder" or "I hate myself and I dont want to do anything about it". This expression statement is speaking volumes of thier lives.

People like to dress themselves as an expression of who they are, and thats why im trying to wrap my head around this flannel feenom. These women must know the statement this carries, so why do it? Do they really not care at all and this is a fuck you? Or are you so lazy that you are not embarressed of your fail? I would be embarressed if I was this lazy, I'd try and hide it from others in society. But hey this is just my opinion, Im trying to understand theirs... and Im tyring to understand why a parent would allow thier teens to dress and leave the house in this way, way to set them up for real life after high school!

No comments:

Post a Comment