Thursday, July 8, 2010

Naturally I made my way to Yamagoya as fast as I could to try out the new items on the menu. OOOOOOOOOOO good idea!

The brown menu is gone, its now replaced with large white laminated cardstock. Ahhh those who resist change will find this the hard part. Before you freak, dont worry the menu items are all the same, they just made some fabulous additions. The Salmon Sliders, (3 for $9.75) the first pic below is a salmon tataki with avacado/mango salsa wrapped in daikon. Hands down best new thing on menu, and this menu really needed this fresh summer addition, I felt like I was eating at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Vancouver!
Next we tried the Snapper, Salmon and Tuna Carpaccio, the last pic below. Topped with chives and miso chips, well done and def one of my new favs. The texture of snapper with salmon together is new for me and its a union that I can really stand behind and promote. You really gotta be a sashimi LOVER to appriciate this and understand the presentation I think.
One thing I gotta say for Yama, its always consistant, and we really are spolied in this small-ass mining town with this calibre of sushi. So Enjoy and Be Merry.

No comments:

Post a Comment