Monday, July 26, 2010

Whistles



No shit, as I type this the train is blowing its whistle.
When I first moved to Fernie, I specifically remember Mary Giuliano telling me that the sound of the train in Fernie has always been a sign of prosperity in the Valley and thats why the older folks like it. I thought that it was all neat and stuff, for about a day. Her quote of this is in the Free Press this week where I see that City Council is re-hashing the question if we should do something to eliminate the whistle, becuase its tragically annoying, irritating as hell and sometimes just way to over the fucking top. In order to scrap the whistle the city is basically going to have to do some costly safety upgrades.

The whistle is bad, its irritating yes. I hate it. I hate it a lot. No matter how long Ive been here and Ive lived on 1st Ave for a year and 2nd ave for 5 years, I still cringe and sometimes curse and shake my fist when I hear that fucking safety whistle. What's sad is that im USED TO this whistle and with that, Im USED TO rolling my eyes and cringing and cursing at it too. So, they can try and come up with a soltion to eliminate the whistle, I totally get that it has to be addressed, its fucking crazy, it just is. Hopefully they find a good solution that doesnt cost too much and one day Ill be telling my children about the whistle in which they will say, "yaaaa right thats fucking crazy no way as if people put up with that".

God Speed Council!

No comments:

Post a Comment